The Data and Reporting Analyst will work closely with the Executive Director as well as finance and population health staff. The Data and Reporting Analyst will help drive critical business decisions by analyzing metrics, designing reports and communicating findings to internal and external stakeholders.
- Support CHIPA in maximizing utility of analytics platform and providing additional analysis outside of platform as needed
- Preparation of presentations and analysis that support understanding of total cost of care, cost drivers, contract performance, and the value of potential new contracts
- Work with large data sets to produce clear and concise reports on both a production and ad hoc basis
- Work with analytics vendor to assist in processes related to data validation and preparation
- Manage internal data requests including working with requestor to understand needs and effectively explaining results to end users
- Support finance in developing models for distribution methodologies and other financial analyses as needed
- Other duties and projects as assigned
He/she must be able to analyze and draw accurate conclusions from Medicaid claims and other forms of data; present and discuss findings in writing and verbally to a senior leader audience; and with limited direction complete tasks and larger projects. He/she must also have a customer-service mentality, recognizing the importance of both internal and external customers.
- Bachelor’s degree required, graduate degree in business, economics, statistics, public health or related field strongly preferred
- 2 years experience in health care
- Experience with claims data, Medicaid data preferred
- Experience querying large sets of data using analytical tools
- Highly proficient in development of reports and data visualizations