The Nurse Navigator will guide patients through and around barriers in the health care system, with a particular focus on ensuring connection to and engagement with primary care. He/She/They will provide support to patients to overcome obstacles in accessing or receiving services needed to maintain wellness.
- Demonstrates the highest level of professionalism, integrity, and ethical values.
- Presents themselves in a positive disposition, is highly effective in communicating with internal and external individuals to foster successful team collaboration and encourage a positive organizational culture.
Responsibilities: Patient Outreach
- Daily review and respond to alerts and notifications for particular cohorts of patients who have had an encounter in the ED and/or who have been admitted to the hospital.
- Review available records to understand each patient’s particular clinical and social needs.
- Contact and schedule post-discharge and post-ED follow up appointments, patient annual wellness visits and other types of appointments related to current IPA initiatives.
- Answer pertinent questions about their experience in the hospital and review discharge information.
- Make referrals to care management and/or other community-based services as needed.
- Assess whether patient requires transportation to appointment; coordinate transportation if necessary.
- Answer questions and offer other information as requested, in a caring and professional manner. Provide patient-focused service.
- Develop collaborative relationships with care teams at CHIPA’s member FQHCs.
- Communicate pertinent information regarding patient issues with care team members.
- Participate in the development of standards and the implementation of policies and procedures. Identify needed and changes and establishes measurable action plans.
- Abide by all HIPAA, Confidentiality and Privacy laws.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bilingual – English/Spanish
- RN required
- Extensive knowledge of Medicaid population
- Must be able to provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19
Previous experience in case management, disease management, quality management and/or patient education